‡Mary Fedden (1915-2012)
Still life of flowers, with house in the background, 1948
signed and dated (lower left)
oils on canvas
76cm x 51cm.
This still life is one of the first paintings Fedden completed after the War when she moved in 1946 to Redcliffe Road, with her friend Maise Meiklejohn. The success of these paintings led to Fedden's first exhibition at the Mansard Gallery in Heals.