Owning and administering homes and art requires specialised valuation reports. These are indispensable for estate-planning and form vital asset records for taxation and insurance purposes. Mallams’ valuations department draws on a wealth of expertise and resources, in order to produce documents which are:
- clear and accurate.
- bound and illustrated, where required.
- available in digital format.
- compliant with current legislation and best practice.
- thoroughly researched with academic and market data.
- tailored to clients’ needs.
- focused on service and efficiency.
- aimed at reducing administrative burden.
Probate/Inheritance Tax Valuations
Mallams has a long experience of working with solicitors, executors and families. A sensitive, flexible and responsive approach is taken, aimed at making the process of administering a deceased estate easier. The key benefits and features of the service include:
- senior-level attention from experienced professionals.
- formal valuation reports for capital gains tax and inheritance tax. These are compliant with relevant legislation and Inland Revenue guidelines. They can also be adapted to provide insurance valuations to beneficiaries, where necessary.
- combined house and contents service, with inclusive fee structure.
- dispersal of bequests, legacies and donations.
- removal and storage of valuable items.
- sale of property and residual chattels.
- reimbursement of fees in the event of sales through Mallams.
Insurance companies have exacting standards. Policyholders are required to have specialist valuations for art and antiques. Knowing the current value of these assets means that they can be properly insured against theft, loss
and damage and ensures a swift settlement in the event of a claim. Mallams understands the insurance process and acts responsively to the needs of both insurance companies and policyholders, in order to deliver:
- a bespoke service - from a single item to a complete collection.user-friendly valuation reports which:
- conform to industry standards.
provide easy reference and identification.
- dedicated services to museums, institutions and corporate collections.
- a competitive, inclusive fee structure.
- confidence — Mallams is recommended by leading insurance firms